Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions represent the basis upon which training is offered by Apple Driving School. The provision of training is subject to the acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The 1. Driving licenses: You must hold a current, valid driving license, provisional, full or international, and produce it on (or in advance of) your first training session. Licenses should be brought to each lesson.
2. Fitness to drive: You must be fit to drive with regard to the legal and medical requirements. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to drive on each of your lessons or test. Sickness, tiredness, alcohol illegal and prescribed drugs may affect your driving; any of these could put you and other road users in serious danger. If you are taking any drugs please check with your doctor or pharmacist to make sure they will not affect your driving. In the interests of public safety, we reserve the right to cancel your driving lesson or refuse the use of the school car for the driving test if there is any suspicion of impairment because of illness, drugs or alcohol. You maybe required to provide a sample of breath in the event of being suspected over the legal drink drive limit.
3. Payments and Cancellation: Tuition fees are normally payable in advance. Payment can be made by cash, cheque Internet transfer or pingit. Any cheques offered for payment that are subsequently refused by the bank will be subject to an adminstration charge of £25.00. If you cancel your lesson at least 48 hours notice will be required for single lessons of up to two hours duration. Longer lessons need a minimum of four days notice. Failure to give notice will result in a valid claim for an equivalent value in compensation (i.e., a cancellation fee will be charged ). Your instructor will do everything possible to ensure that your lessons start and finish on time, but reserves the right to cancel, postpone or change lesson lengths and start/finish times under certain circumstances (e.g. dangerous weather conditions). In the event of postponement, fees paid in advance will be carried forward. The instructor reserves the right to cancel a lesson at short notice if it is suspected that the pupil may be unfit due to the effects of alcohol, drugs (prescribed or otherwise) or any other condition that would cause his/her driving to be dangerous or illegal. In such circumstances the lesson fee will be payable. If you have paid for a block of discounted lessons & the block is not completed for any reason & a refund is requested you will receive a refund at the cost of full price lessons. All block bookings must be completed within a set period of time i.e.; 10 hour course (5 x 2 hours) must be completed within 8 weeks unless an extension is given by instructor, 20 hour courses should be completed within 13 weeks again extensions can be agreed by the instructor.
4. Bookings and Lesson duration: Your instructor will endeavour to maintain regular lesson slots at the same time each week to ensure continuity of learning, however, this cannot be guaranteed. The minimum lesson period is one hour. If, for any reason, the instructor is late for the lesson he/she will make a concerted effort to inform the pupil of the estimated time of arrival. If the delay is greater than 15 minutes this time will be credited to the pupil and when possible the lesson will be extended by the time due – if this is not possible the extra time will be carried forward to the next suitable lesson.
5. Training Location: All sessions will start and finish at the same location unless alternative arrangements are made in advance. The instructor will determine a location for practical lessons which ensures the pupil’s and public safety – this means that the instructor may need to drive the pupil to and from the lesson location; this journey time forms part of their lesson as paid for.
6. Training vehicles: Training vehicles provided by the school are taxed, insured for the purposes of driving tuition, fully roadworthy and fitted with dual controls. Pupils who require tuition in their own vehicle must supply evidence from their motor insurer that their car is covered for lessons when being supervised by a professional instructor in return for payment; the car must also be taxed and hold a current MOT certificate where appropriate.
7. Driving tests and bookings: Your instructor reserves the right to refuse use of a driving school vehicle for test if he/she considers that provision of a vehicle could cause a risk to public safety. Where a school car is used for test, the booking period will be based upon the instructor’s normal diary schedule. Depending on the time of the test this will require a minimum two hour booking and possibly longer. Whilst your instructor will make every effort to ensure that the vehicle supplied for test will be fully roadworthy and comply with all legal requirements at the start of the test, he/she cannot be held responsible for vehicle failure that occurs during the test and is not liable for consequential loss. Your instructor cannot be held responsible for test appointments cancelled by the DSA. Your instructor will advise about claiming compensation from the DSA.
8. Code of conduct: Your instructor agrees to abide by conditions of the Professional Code of Conduct.
9. Your rights: These conditions do not affect any protection that you have under consumer legislation. We reserve the right to change or alter any of the terms and conditions without notice, but will endeavour to inform pupils of any changes as soon as possible.